Tuesday 10 June 2014

Summer Exhibition 2014









The Summer Exhibition, at the Royal Academy of Arts, truly marks the beginning of Summer for me, with an ever-exuberant show featuring powerful pieces to delicate designs by major artists, to subtler pieces, arranged in the Small Weston Room. This is the world’s largest open-entry exhibition, with a history spanning nearly 250 years (not that I've been around for that long). This year, as soon as I entered the first main room, I could see that colour and proportion were clearly themes of the exhibition and I seemed to have dressed accordingly wearing a newly purchased duo: an orange silk Parisian knit and a fully sequined Amanda Wakeley pencil skirt (both from Paraphernalia). Accessories ranged from my Issey Miyake turquoise shawl to an Aquascutum chunky beaded necklace, with vintage boots and bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment