Friday 17 October 2014

The only real adventure is me...

... so says the solipsist in me. For Tracey Emin, whose new show is currently at Bermondsey's White Cube, 'The Last Great Adventure Is You' brings together sculptures, gouaches, paintings, embroideries and signature neon bon-mots. All eminently... Tracey. This solo exhibition, her first in five years, runs until November 16.  Bermondsey is always good for a Sunday stroll to take in great art and... certainly some art in the knitwear, to be found at the Fashion and Textile Museum's latest exhibition, Knitwear: from Chanel to Westwood. Fine work from the likes of Biba, Ossie Clark, Comme des Garçons, Courrèges, Julien MacDonald, Sister by Sibling, Matthew Williamson and some nostalgic Fair Isle. I wore my Armani pinstripes, an asymetrical Comme des Garçons knit, Dior sunnies and a couple of scarves, in fur and Caledonian mohair. My vintage bag is chic whilst the 'Here's winking at you' '60s earrings are fun. The modern hand-made Porcelain Bling necklace (by Schneider) is a distinct one-off. My Ras boots are back out for winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment