Tuesday 23 June 2015

Shadows









Summer is always a season of colour, but today I'm sticking to the shadows, and limiting myself to a monochrome palette (apart from the dashing citrus fur clutch! A gorgeous present by Ostrich 2 Love. Thanks Diane x). I love shadows; they conceal and reveal. For the shade, I combined the urban with a touch of Victorian gothic. The former is instantly provided by trainers and sunnies: my go-sprightly along any city pavement classic Adidas Gazelle trainers and my super-black Thierry Lasry glasses. And the long, black silhouette, for a long(ish) shadow: a dramatic floor-length Dolce & Gabbana spiderweb piece over a vintage M&S slip. Costume jewellery packs a punch with a large cross of faux-pearls purchased in Whitby, a popular venue for a Gothic weekend! And the backdrop: the most arresting and arguably the biggest piece of street-art in Dulwich, (and all of two years old) Conor Harrington's bare-knuckle fighters, which featured in my blog  'Dulwich Festival 2014' post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment